- Apr 10, 2017, 3:38 PM
Porsche Design BOOK ONE: The Multifunctional 2in1 Running Windows 10 Pro
Stuttgart, Germany. With the new Porsche Design BOOK ONE, the world’s first convertible and detachable 2in1, Porsche Design adds the category of Porsche Design Computing to its expanding product portfolio. The move sees the premium-lifestyle-brand playing to its strengths, merging form and function to yield a high-performance, multifunctional 2in1. The Porsche Design BOOK ONE underlines the brand’s focus on technology and innovation, making new strides in the mobile computing segment.
The silhouette of the BOOK ONE uses a milled aluminum housing with a matte anodized surface finish and features subtle Porsche Design branding on the top of the tablet and the bottom edge of the screen. The patented hinge, designed entirely by Studio F. A. Porsche, allows the tablet unit of the 2in1 not only to detach, but also rotate 360°. In keeping with the traditional design philosophy of Professor Ferdinand Alexander Porsche, the well-crafted hinge and its stainless steel cog wheels are inspired by the transmission of a sports car. This approach, which combines superior engineering with modern design, allows Porsche Design to implement the latest in state-of-the-art technology.
The features of the Porsche Design BOOK ONE include:
- Versatile functionality: High performance components and cutting-edge technology give the 2in1 its versatile functionality. The device comes with Windows 10 Pro, Microsoft’s most up-to-date, cutting edge OS.
- High performance: The powerful 7th-generation Intel® Core™ i7-7500U processor, which clocks in at up to 3.5 GHz, is able to maximize its potential thanks to the computer’s 16 GB of RAM.
- Fast data storage: The noiseless Intel®, SSD with a storage capacity of 512 GB, guarantees fast data storage via the PCIe slot.
- Eye-popping resolution: With a resolution of 3200 x 1800 pixels, the 13.3” QHD+ IPS display is built to impress, whether working, surfing the web, or simply watching the latest movie.
- Convenient connections: The variety of available ports offered includes two multifunctional USB Type-C™ ports, two full-size USB 3.0 ports, and USB 3.1 Type-C™/Thunderbolt 3 port, which not only powers a variety of USB peripherals with just a single cable. It also guarantees fast, hassle-free data exchange, and allows wired image transmission in accordance with the DisplayPort standard. The 2in1 communicates wirelessly via dual-band WiFi and Bluetooth®.
- Biometric authentication: A more secure and simplified login procedure is enabled thanks to the 5-MP camera with infrared sensor, which is seamlessly integrated into the front of the housing and allows biometric authentication using Windows Hello facial recognition software. The themes of versatility and ease are further emphasized by the laptop’s cutting-edge input capabilities. Both the touch display and the Precision Touchpad for Windows 10 use high-precision, multigesture control interfaces. The keyboard, complete with dimming backlit keys, enables endless use in a variety of settings. And the digital stylus, developed by Studio F. A. Porsche to ensure ideal handling, is optimized for use with Windows Ink, providing a natural writing experience with all the benefits of digital connectivity. In order to prevent loss of the stylus, a magnetic holder is integrated into the right side of the tablet.
“The Porsche Design BOOK ONE embodies the DNA of our brand down to the tiniest detail and, as our first 2in1 unit, has expanded our product portfolio by adding a new category: Porsche Design Computing. In Microsoft and Intel, we have two renowned partners who were a great help in implementing this strategically important project,” said Jan Becker, CEO of the Porsche Design Group.
“We’re thrilled to work with Porsche Design - a world renowned premium-lifestyle-brand - that introduces for the first time a finely crafted 2in1 - the Porsche Design BOOK ONE,” said Peter Han, Vice President, Partner Devices and Solutions, Microsoft Corp. “Porsche Design’s first Windows PC combines a well-constructed hardware and functional design with popular Windows 10 features, including Windows Hello and Windows Ink, enabling a rich pen and touchscreen experience.”
The Porsche Design BOOK ONE will be available in the US in April 2017 and available in other countries at Porsche Design Stores and specialty retailers. RRP in the US is $2,495 USD.